Every year we produce globally about 345 million tones plastic for different usage. Only 9% is recycled according to recent data. Nature is not capable to decompose plastics which leads to irreversible consequences for the environment, wildlife and our overall health. According to Copernicus, the European unions earth observation programme, 7-13 million tons of plastic end up in the ocean every year and more than 120 million tons of plastic are currently in our oceans and seas. To solve this problem we need to find innovative circular solutions and processes.
Before the Corona pandemic, 5 million tones of laboratory plastic was wasted yearly. This waste is either landfilled, end up in the ocean or at best incinerated. There is zero recycling. And the reuse of lab plasticware is not an option because of the risk of cross contamination and the possibility of destroying the integrity of data.
Today reports shows that the corona pandemic have generated 11 million extra ton plastic waste, during less than 2 years. This shows the urge of new innovative solutions. Today. Not tomorrow.
2.0 RE:LAB AB Nature of Business
The aim of this business is to achieve the following objectives:
- in the biomedical and chemical consumable lab plastics industry,
- with end users like researchers, research institutions
- with laboratory plastic waste collectors
- with methanol/H2 end user, chemical industry
3. To develop our business processes, from production to waste recycling to understand where in the process we can optimize.
4. to demonstrate our business model in commercial scale in the Scania, Great Copenhagen area
The goal of this project will be the integration of the complete chain lab consumable laboratory plastics to high purity renewable hydrogen and carbon monoxide for chemical synthesis including the following critical path components:
1. EoL consumable lab plastics separate collection.
2. Autoclave infections plastics.
3. Plastics micronization.
4. Plastics gasification by low-temperature conversion (LTC) gasification (Recupera Technology).
5. Syngas purification and refining, separation of high purity hydrogen (99,99%) by PSA, alternative membrane separation.
6. Gas separation into two technical gases: H2 + CO, 2:1, 99,9% pure.
7. Gas delivery in the pipes of the chemical industry for chemical synthesis.
8. Demonstration of use of the economic viability of the whole technology for deployment in industrial set up.
© 2023 Circular Laboratory Plasticware - Med ensamrätt.
LTC-Technology under license agreement with Recupera DOO